January 09, 2010

Green



I revisted a portrait session from last year and a photograph caught my attention that I had not previously posted. It gave me an opportunity to try some new photoshop techniques. I'm not a big proponent of over using photoshop - I believe to make a good photograph, you must do it in the camera first as you won't be able to make-up for what isn't there when you composed the shot. So I use photoshop techniques much the same way as I applied techniques in the dark room - obviously I stay a lot dryer, don't have to work under a red light, and work flow is more rapid. Of course with that said, I violated my rule and pushed this photograph a bit to see where I could take it and still attain the appearance of subtle change. I like the result. Can you see what I did?

No comments: