July 10, 2011

Mountain Biking


While trying my hand at mountain biking for the first time, I decided to also take the opportunity to work on my technique.   The only way to get to where the more experience riders was, was to go down the more experienced path.   So I slowly went down, positioned myself for photographs, captured this one - then promptly went the rest of the way down the hill.    This was before I decided to become one with the mountain and get six stiches in my arm from the local emergency clinic in Jackson Hole.   Of course I had the EMT photograph me before he cleaned my arm - too graphic to post that photo.  But it confirmed that my camera had survived the impact with terra firma.   Moral of the story - age and too much self confidence can be a dangerous combination on a mountain bike in the Tetons.

No comments: